3197 2nd Line Road, Osgoode, ON K0A 2W0
phone (cell): 613-851-5075
fax: 613-826-2186
e-mail:
traceydaviero@rogers.com
website: www.traceydaviero.com

January 1, 2008

Proofreading and Editing

Proofreading and editing are two of the most overlooked steps in document preparation.

The English language is difficult to master, and with all of the grammatical rules that must be followed, it is extremely important to have your spelling and grammar checked by a qualified source.

My English spelling and grammar skills are excellent. I do not rely on spell-check to proofread my documents or my work. I manually proofread and edit and then make corrections as required.

I check your documents for spelling and punctuation errors (especially those ones that spell-check doesn't catch!), subject-verb agreement, verb tense, flow, proper word use and sentence structure.

I work with the following style manuals: The Elements of Style (Strunk and White), MLA Style Manual (Modern Language Association), and Canadian Press Stylebook (The Canadian Press).

I take great pride in my proofreading abilities.

I am also able to turn your projects around very quickly.

Proofreading rates for regular documents are billed by the page, at a rate of $3.00 per page (up to 250 words). Proofreading time is estimated at approximately 3 to 5 minutes per page. Formatting and indexing is not included in proofreading rates or time estimates.
Webpage and website proofreading is billed out at a higher rate of $10.00 per page (up to 250 words). If corrected pages are to be uploaded to ftp sites, this is billed out separately from the proofreading fees, at my regular rate of $35.00 per hour.